In 2004, Lisa first became involved in SCIP when she joined the Competitive Intelligence industry. Since that time, Lisa has worked as a consultant, helping large corporations build their critical business strategies. As a Vice President of Maia Strategy Group, she’s supported a range of industries, such as Healthcare, Information Technology, Insurance & Financial Services, Manufacturing, Telecommunications, and others.
As a part of her role, she translates various issues her clients face into research plans that are used to gather critical market insights, she, her team, and her clients use to collaborate on strategy.
Prior to 2004, Lisa worked in the Property & Casualty Insurance Industry in marketing, corporate communications, and business strategy. Her last role was as head of corporate communications for ACE-INA, just after their acquisition of CIGNA Property & Casualty Co. in 1998.
Lisa’s volunteer experience includes:
• 1999-2002, member of the Communications Board of the Insurance Information Institute
• 2002 regional chair for the Public Relations Society of America’s “Rising Star Program”
• 2009, member of the Board of Directors for the Society of Insurance Research, heading the development of the association’s Health Insurance Plan track
• 2009 Conference Co-Chair, Society of Insurance Research
• Lisa has also authored a variety of strategy and research related articles over the years, and has lectured at several SCIP and other industry-related events
• Pet Shelter volunteer at various points in time, helping to take care of homeless pets
Lisa is a graduate of the University of South Florida, in Tampa, Florida where she earned her B.A. degree in Finance. She lives in a suburb of Charlotte, NC and enjoys the beach, travel and camping.