SCIP's Commitments to Our Members
Monday, April 15, 2019
Posted by: Cam Mackey
I’m honored to write this note as SCIP’s new Executive Director. Although I’ve been with the organization a short time, the enthusiasm, generosity, and intellectual horsepower of every member I’ve spoken with makes it clear that SCIP’s future is brighter than ever. There’s never been a better moment for us to play a leadership role in helping members use insights and intelligence to make more effective business decisions that enable growth. I’m excited to work with the Board, members, our partners, and the Frost & Sullivan Institute to ensure that SCIP is truly indispensable when it comes to driving business growth.
What I bring to SCIP
I’ve devoted my nearly 20 year career to creating member value, convening large conferences on digital transformation, writing original research on pricing strategy, or moderating intimate virtual roundtables on voice of the customer processes. Through my time leading best practice sharing communities at MAPI and Corporate Executive Board, I’ve developed a few core beliefs that are applicable to SCIP:
- Non-profits’ most important job is to make our members more successful
- There is enormous expertise and knowledge living in any member community, just waiting to be tapped
- Before we make any decision, we must first ask “How does this help our members?”
- Value propositions are more than simply a conference, and must constantly evolve
- Members want an association to help them at the start of their career as well as at the peak
I’m confident that by putting members at the center of everything we do, we’ll deliver outstanding value to our community.
My commitments to you
To ensure that we’re the go-to resource for organizations using intelligence and insights to grow, SCIP must make a tangible difference in the lives of our members. In order to deliver on my promise to the Board to put the members first, and to grow both the size and engagement of our community, I commit to focusing on the following key areas:
- Delivering a richer, year-round value proposition
- Making it easy for members to quickly connect with one another
- Providing insights that make members more effective
- Giving members a modern digital experience
- Ensuring SCIP plays a leadership role in the evolving practice of using intelligence and insights to drive growth
SCIP has a solid track record of making a difference in members’ careers, and I look forward to building on that legacy.
How you can help
I’m asking all members for two things:
- Share your opinion – Tell us in this 3-4 minute survey how SCIP can deliver the most value to you.
- Engage with our community – SCIP will be strongest when members participate – whether it be attending virtual events, reaching out to members through our Directory, participating in anonymous surveys, or taking a call from a fellow member looking for advice.
Thank you for being part of the SCIP community, and for your role in elevating our profession. I look forward to working together.
Executive Director - SCIP
Connect with me
SCIP on LinkedIn