First Virtual Workshops Sells Out
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Posted by: Cam Mackey
Last week, we held our first all-virtual workshop, Foundations in Market & Competitive Intelligence. I'm tremendously proud of how the SCIP team came together at lightning speed with our partner David Kalinowski of Proactive Worldwide to quickly stand up the program. A few highlights to share:
- The response from the community blew us away - we quickly sold out, and were honored to have participants from 9 different countries
- The energy of the participants was fantastic, especially in the interactive exercises
- There are some remarkable technologies out there to support interaction, collaboration, and sharing
- Without the deep expertise and generosity of our workshop leader, David Kalinowski, the workshop wouldn't have been possible
A key part of the training was a section on the importance of ethics in intelligence. David ran the participants through practical examples, and used live polling to show how opinions can differ, and the importance of consulting legal counsel and your own company's policies.
We also used a digital whiteboarding tool in breakout teams, so that participants were able to roll up their sleeves and get experience with various analytical frameworks, such as Five Forces, Four Corners, and STEEP. We also dug deep into building a human source network, and that holy grail, demonstrating the value of MI/CI. We owe a big thanks to Chris Hatfield of Proactive for all his support ensuring the teams could collaborate efficiently.
We're humbled to have gotten such positive feedback from the participants, too. Here are a few examples from last week's workshop:
- "I've taken a number of different classes over the course of my career, but this has been one of the very few where I believe got what I paid for. I would have paid 10X for the amount of valuable insight and information that was shared over the 4 day course. I'll absolutely be back for additional offerings." -Chris Cullen, Huntington Ingalls Industries
- "I highly recommend this workshop to all intelligence professionals. It kept all of us engaged until the very last minute." - Mohamad Nesrini, PolyPeptide Group
- "SCIP's training left me feeling armed with techniques and tactics to successfully implement a CI function, as well as a network to rely on for sharing best practices and tips." - Caroline Ball, RTI International
- "The SCIP Virtual Workshop was a great experience. It was an excellent course and well worth the financial commitment and most importantly well worth my time. I really appreciate David's energy, expertise, and willingness to answer questions and encourage discussion." -Lynn Sandlin, Syngenta
- "I have so much to take away and apply! It'll take time but this workshop has allowed me to know the fundamentals. It was a very productive workshop with lots of takeaways." - Ben Rodriguez, Health New England
- "The sessions were informative, well-paced, and engaging. The break-out sessions were very thoughtful. Adding anecdotes throughout the presentation added further perspective to the material and its place in the real world." -Adrian Kulpa, NYU
- "Very much worth the time and the investment. Putting it into practice will be the next step. SCIP gave me a great foundation to work from." -Connie Dey-Marcos, Credit Union National Association
- "This was a great introduction to developing and understanding the CI function. David was engaging, entertaining, and very knowledgeable." -Michael Perlman, Rockwell Automation
- "This workshop is extremely useful in pointing out what your team does well, not so well, and things you never had thought to do." -Steve Anderson, Essity
These are unprecedented times, and it's exciting to push hard, be innovative, and serve our member community. To check out our upcoming Virtual Workshops, visit us here.